Apprenticeship Program Requirements
Apprentices are responsible for ensuring they progress through the Apprenticeship Program smoothly by following the Apprentice responsibilities set out below.
Checklist of Apprentice Responsibilities: (insert plug in for checklist)
- Gain an understanding of your workplace and Employers expectations including use of proper equipment and safety standards.
- Learn PLT Trade skills through work-based training and technical training.
- Recording work-based hours daily in your Apprentice Log Book.
- Completing and submitting Work Reports and Field Progress Assessments in a timely manner.
- Attendance and passing grade in all technical training, as well as any other training required by your Employer.
- Completing and submitting registration forms and paying for tuition and other costs associated with technical training.
- Remembering to bring: (homework, manuals, text books, log books, tools, rain gear and safety equipment to school).
- Promptly reporting to the JLATA and Local 258 IBEW of any changes in employment that effect Apprenticeship status and/or training and field experience, such as loss of driver’s license, sickness, injury, leave of absence, lay-offs or termination in employment).
- Login to the database routinely to ensure your contact information, work-based hours and reports are accurate and up to date.
In addition, Apprentices must be prepared to relocate and work in any location where they can complete their practical training.
Click here: Guidelines
(Insert picture of new guidelines cover)