Power Line Technician
Where there is a power disturbance, failure, or storm damage, Power Line Technicians locate the source of the problem, and replace or repair defective power lines and accessories. Power Line Technicians work with high and low voltage and work outdoors at various work sites, in a variety of climates.
What you Learn
- How to install, construct, repair and maintain power pole lines, towers and underground cable systems.
- How to climb power poles or towers at heights ranging from 30 to 400 feet and use proper safety procedures.
- Work with high and low voltage and work outdoors at various work sites, in a variety of climates, including storms in order to repair power outages.
- How to handle large, bulky and often heavy materials or equipment.
- How to use tools and materials, and how to operate a bucket truck attached to aerial lift boom.
- How to restore power at any time of the day or night.